Most Active Stories
- New Analysis And Science Answer Governor Cuomo’s Fracking Concerns
- North Adams Goes Unsilent: Electronic Audio Experience Fills Streets
- Anchor Stores Announced For Newburgh Shopping Complex
- BMC Nurses Picket Claiming Unsafe Staffing Levels
- Vermont GMO Supporters Decry Federal Bill Targeting State Level Legislation
New England News
Tue September 18, 2012
Massachusetts Senate Race Intensifying
As the race for US Senate in Massachusetts intensifies, the two candidates are preparing to take part in a series of debates. WAMC”s Paul Tuthill reports.
Republican incumbent Scott Brown and Democratic challenger Elizabeth Warren meet Thursday night for a debate on a Boston TV station..its the first of four broadcast debates that will be held before the end of October. Tim Vercellotti, director of the Western New England University Polling Institute says surveys find there are still a significant number of likely voters who say they are undecided, or could change their minds..
A new poll by the university, conducted in partnership with The Republican newspaper of Springfield found Warren leads Brown by six percentage points, 50 percent to 44 percent. The polls sampling error is 4.6 percent.