Most Active Stories
- New Analysis And Science Answer Governor Cuomo’s Fracking Concerns
- Anchor Stores Announced For Newburgh Shopping Complex
- North Adams Goes Unsilent: Electronic Audio Experience Fills Streets
- BMC Nurses Picket Claiming Unsafe Staffing Levels
- Vermont GMO Supporters Decry Federal Bill Targeting State Level Legislation
Sun December 30, 2012
Massachusetts Senate seat scramble begins
WAMC’s Ian Pickus speaks with Mark Arsenault, a Boston Globe Metro reporter who covers politics and who wrote this week about the coming Senate seat scramble in the Bay State.
We learned this week that Massachusetts Congressman Edward Markey will try to replace fellow Democrat Senator John Kerry if Kerry is confirmed as Secretary of State, which is widely expected. That appointment is setting off a game of musical chairs in the Bay State, with ousted Republican Senator Scott Brown considered a front-runner for what is expected to be a June special election.
Mark Arsenault covers Washington for the Boston Globe and is on Twitter @BostonGlobeMark.