Most Active Stories
- Cousin, 19, Charged With Murder Of 5-Year-Old After Kidnapping Hoax
- County Execs Propose Partial Funding Plan For The New NY Bridge
- Part Five Of Student Loan Series Focuses On Young Farmers
- Officials Inaugurate High Speed Rail Line In Western Mass.
- Part Two Of Student Loan Series Looks At Adult Learners
New England News
Sat January 5, 2013
Massachusetts Transportation Finance Plan Delayed
The much anticipated report, which was to have been sent this Monday to the legislature will not be submitted until January 14th. The report is to detail how much money is needed to fix crumbling roads and bridges and operate regional transit systems as well as identify possible sources for the revenue. Transportation Secretary Richard Davey has said repeatedly that all options are being considered and there will be no short term fixes.
Governor Patrick said he will endorse specific funding plans for the state’s transportation system in either his State of The Commonwealth Speech or his budget message later this month.