Most Active Stories
- Marlboro High School Students, Parents, Sue Coach, District
- Riverkeeper Raises Concern Over Fracking Waste As De-Icer For NY Roads
- Dr. Susan Fiske, Princeton University - Baseball and Schadenfreude
- Dr. David Hsu, University of Michigan – The Pain of Social Rejection
- NY: Vatican Survey & "Francis Effect"
New England News
Mon July 9, 2012
Mass.Democratic Senate Hopeful Reports Latest Fund Raising
Elizabeth Warren, the Democratic candidate in the Massachusetts Senate race continues to raise impressive amounts of campaign funds. WAMC”s Paul Tuthill reports.
Warren’s campaign reported Monday that she collected $8.67 million in the second quarter of this year. Warren, the Harvard Law professor and consumer advocate, who is running for elected office for the first time, has raised more money than any congressional candidate in the country, according to various websites that track campaign data. Warren’s campaign said 81 percent of the donations during the last three months came in amounts of $50 or less. Her campaigned reported she had $13.5 million on hand. Republican Senator Scott Brown’s campaign has yet to report his 2nd quarter fund raising. His campaign’s warchest was $15 million at the end of the first quarter. The Massachusetts Senate race is considered a toss up at this point, and the outcome could determine which party controls the Senate.