Most Active Stories
- New Analysis And Science Answer Governor Cuomo’s Fracking Concerns
- North Adams Goes Unsilent: Electronic Audio Experience Fills Streets
- Anchor Stores Announced For Newburgh Shopping Complex
- BMC Nurses Picket Claiming Unsafe Staffing Levels
- Vermont GMO Supporters Decry Federal Bill Targeting State Level Legislation
New England News
Mon July 9, 2012
Mass.Democratic Senate Hopeful Reports Latest Fund Raising
Elizabeth Warren, the Democratic candidate in the Massachusetts Senate race continues to raise impressive amounts of campaign funds. WAMC”s Paul Tuthill reports.
Warren’s campaign reported Monday that she collected $8.67 million in the second quarter of this year. Warren, the Harvard Law professor and consumer advocate, who is running for elected office for the first time, has raised more money than any congressional candidate in the country, according to various websites that track campaign data. Warren’s campaign said 81 percent of the donations during the last three months came in amounts of $50 or less. Her campaigned reported she had $13.5 million on hand. Republican Senator Scott Brown’s campaign has yet to report his 2nd quarter fund raising. His campaign’s warchest was $15 million at the end of the first quarter. The Massachusetts Senate race is considered a toss up at this point, and the outcome could determine which party controls the Senate.