Most Active Stories
- Saratoga County Sheriff's Sgt. Resigns, Charged With Misconduct After Video Goes Viral
- Pittsfield's 3rd Thursdays Undergoes Changes For 2015 Season
- Donation Of Historic Amusement Park May Be Brought To Referendum
- Maloney: de Blasio "Should Have Head Examined" After Withholding Clinton Endorsement
- Williams College New Environmental Center Reaching For High Bar
New England News
Fri April 19, 2013
Mass.US Sen. Mo Cowan Seeks Advice On Farm Bill
Massachusetts interim US Senator William “ Mo” Cowan is meeting with farmers and agriculture industry representatives on Friday to talk about the Farm Bill.
Cowan, who is the first Massachusetts Senator since 1879 to be a member of the Senate Agriculture Committee is holding listening sessions in Worcester and in Middleborough. Back in February, Cowan toured two farms in western Massachusetts, describing what he saw as dynamic and innovative.
Congress failed to passed a Farm Bill last year, and approved an extension until September. The Senate Agriculture Committee is expected to mark up the 2013 Farm Bill within in the next few weeks.