Most Active Stories
- Saratoga County Sheriff's Sgt. Resigns, Charged With Misconduct After Video Goes Viral
- Pittsfield's 3rd Thursdays Undergoes Changes For 2015 Season
- Donation Of Historic Amusement Park May Be Brought To Referendum
- Maloney: de Blasio "Should Have Head Examined" After Withholding Clinton Endorsement
- Williams College New Environmental Center Reaching For High Bar
Wed October 16, 2013
Matthew Bourne’s Sleeping Beauty At Proctors Through 10/20
Matthew Bourne, the world’s most successful dance choreographer, and his company New Adventures, are bringing their spectacular and lavish UK production of Sleeping Beauty to a mere seven US cities -- and one of them is Schenectady – where the show will run at Proctors through the 20th of this month.
With Sleeping Beauty, Bourne returns to the music of Tchaikovsky to complete the trio of the composer’s ballet masterworks that started in 1992 with Nutcracker! and continued in 1995, with the international hit Swan Lake. In this Sleeping Beauty, the traditional tale of good vs. evil and rebirth is turned upside-down, creating a supernatural love story, across the decades, that even the passage of time itself cannot hinder.
We are joined by dancers, Hannah Vassalo and Christopher Marney. Hannah dances the role of Princess Aurora, and Christopher is the associate choreographer and dances the role of Count Lilac.
Arts & Culture
Arts & Culture
New England News