Most Active Stories
- Boston Bombing Suspect's Body Finally 'Entombed,' Police Say
- Dr. Paul Booth, DePaul University – Cultural Meaning of Doctor Who
- Complaints Voiced At Forum About VA Claims Backlog
- Dr. Zlatan Krizan, Iowa State University – Envy and Narcissism
- Dr. Frank Elgar, McGill University – Psychological Health and Family Meals
WAMC News, North Country News
Fri July 13, 2012
Mayor Calls For Airport Committee
Burlington’s Mayor wants a new commission formed to study a new future for the Burlington International Airport.
Mayor Miro Weinberger is calling for the creation of an “Airport Strategic Planning Committee” to create a plan by January for the airport. It would include plans for long-term fiscal stability; maintaining and increasing airline service and travelers; recommendations for marketing and an assessment of the airport’s benefit to the region. The mayor, who served on the Airport Commission before his election, requested that the city council approve his resolution for the committee and approve his appointment of Gene Richards, the current Chair of the Airport Commission, as the new interim Director of Aviation, during their meeting on Monday.