Most Active Stories
- Saratoga County Sheriff's Sgt. Resigns, Charged With Misconduct After Video Goes Viral
- Pittsfield's 3rd Thursdays Undergoes Changes For 2015 Season
- Donation Of Historic Amusement Park May Be Brought To Referendum
- Maloney: de Blasio "Should Have Head Examined" After Withholding Clinton Endorsement
- Williams College New Environmental Center Reaching For High Bar
New England News
Mon March 25, 2013
Mayor Mum On Reported Probe Of Consultant
The mayor of Springfield Massachusetts, Domenic Sarno, is saying little about a published report that a federal investigation is probing ties between a political consultant and the mayor’s office.
Sarno was asked if he had any knowledge of a federal investigation that was reported Sunday by the Springfield Republican newspaper
The published report t cited anonymous sources that said FBI agents had recently questioned City Hall insiders about political consultant Charles Kingston. The report said Kingston wields considerable influence on the Sarno administration. The paper said Kingston has a consulting business, but his clients could not be identified through a check of public records and he has not registered as a lobbyist.