Most Active Stories
- Saratoga County Sheriff's Sgt. Resigns, Charged With Misconduct After Video Goes Viral
- Pittsfield's 3rd Thursdays Undergoes Changes For 2015 Season
- Donation Of Historic Amusement Park May Be Brought To Referendum
- Maloney: de Blasio "Should Have Head Examined" After Withholding Clinton Endorsement
- Williams College New Environmental Center Reaching For High Bar
New England News
Tue September 17, 2013
Mayoral Preliminaries To Be Held In Mass. Cities
Voters in several Massachusetts cities are heading to the polls to whittle down the number of candidates running for mayor.
Holyoke Mayor Alex Morse, the state's youngest mayor at age 24, has four challengers in his bid for a second term.
In Lawrence, Mayor William Lantigua faces five challengers in today’s preliminary election, with the two top-vote getters advancing to the general election in November.
Lantigua's first term as mayor has been marked by several controversies, including allegations in a recent lawsuit from Attorney General Martha Coakley that he violated campaign finance laws.
Newton Mayor Setti Warren, who briefly ran for the U.S. Senate seat eventually won by Elizabeth Warren, squares off against three other candidates.
Mayoral votes are also scheduled today in Amesbury, Brockton, Everett, Lynn, Newburyport and Salem.
Copyright 2013 Associated Press. All Rights Reserved.