Most Active Stories
- Marlboro High School Students, Parents, Sue Coach, District
- Riverkeeper Raises Concern Over Fracking Waste As De-Icer For NY Roads
- Dr. Susan Fiske, Princeton University - Baseball and Schadenfreude
- Dr. David Hsu, University of Michigan – The Pain of Social Rejection
- NY: Vatican Survey & "Francis Effect"
WAMC New York News
Wed November 10, 2004
Mayors Assessing Taxing SUNY Campuses
By Pat Bradley
Plattsburgh, NY – Currently, State University of New York colleges are not required to pay property taxes. But with municipalities across the state strapped for cash, some communities that host SUNY schools are looking at the colleges as a possible revenue source. The mayor of one upstate city has now joined a counterpart on Long Island in calling for state colleges to pay local taxes. More from North Country Bureau Chief Pat Bradley.