Most Active Stories
- Pittsfield's 3rd Thursdays Undergoes Changes For 2015 Season
- Saratoga County Sheriff's Sgt. Resigns, Charged With Misconduct After Video Goes Viral
- Donation Of Historic Amusement Park May Be Brought To Referendum
- Maloney: de Blasio "Should Have Head Examined" After Withholding Clinton Endorsement
- Williams College New Environmental Center Reaching For High Bar
New York News
Mon January 13, 2014
Mayor's Driver Topped 80 mph On Thruway
The public information officer for Rochester's new mayor says her driver was traveling at more than 80 mph when pulled over by a state trooper on the Thruway while heading to Gov. Andrew Cuomo's State of the State speech last week.
Christine Christopher, spokeswoman for Lovely Warren, tells the Times Union of Albany that Reggie Hill was "exceeding 80" when he was pulled over last Wednesday in a 65-mph zone on Interstate 90 in the Mohawk Valley while driving the mayor to Albany. Hill wasn't ticketed.
Christopher denied the newspaper's report that Hill was going 97 mph when a trooper stopped him. Hill, who is Warren's uncle, is a retired state police investigator who worked on the security detail for three New York governors.
Warren recently hired Hill and another man as her bodyguards.
(C) 2014 AP