Most Active Stories
- Marlboro High School Students, Parents, Sue Coach, District
- Riverkeeper Raises Concern Over Fracking Waste As De-Icer For NY Roads
- Dr. Susan Fiske, Princeton University - Baseball and Schadenfreude
- Dr. David Hsu, University of Michigan – The Pain of Social Rejection
- NY: Vatican Survey & "Francis Effect"
Mon July 15, 2013
McGovern: Zimmerman Decision Wrong
Massachusetts Congressman Jim McGovern, a Democrat from the 2nd District, says he is disappointed with the jury’s decision in the George Zimmerman trial. Zimmerman was found not guilty in the shooting death of Florida teenager Trayvon Martin on Saturday night, leading to widespread protests in the days since.
"Trayvon Martin was obviously profiled and I think a terrible tragedy occurred," McGovern tells WAMC. "I’m glad the civil rights department of the Justice Department will be looking into this because I do think at the base of all of this is the issue of civil rights."
Hudson Valley News
New York News