Most Active Stories
- Saratoga County Sheriff's Sgt. Resigns, Charged With Misconduct After Video Goes Viral
- Donation Of Historic Amusement Park May Be Brought To Referendum
- Maloney: de Blasio "Should Have Head Examined" After Withholding Clinton Endorsement
- Pittsfield's 3rd Thursdays Undergoes Changes For 2015 Season
- Western Massachusetts School Investigates Allegations Of Inappropriate Sexual Conduct
Wed August 15, 2012
McMahon Will Face Murphy for CT Senate Seat
For the second time in two years, former wrestling executive Linda McMahon will be going up against a well-known Democrat in a race for an open U.S. Senate seat in Connecticut.
McMahon trounced former U.S. Rep. Christopher Shays in Tuesday's Republican primary. She faces a November matchup with U.S. Rep. Chris Murphy, a three-term congressman who easily won his Democratic primary.
McMahon won the Republican nomination in 2010, but she was defeated by Democratic Sen. Richard Blumenthal by double digits despite spending $50 million of her own money.
McMahon and Murphy will compete for the seat held by U.S. Sen. Joe Lieberman, who is retiring. The two rivals attacked one another in victory speeches to supporters.
Copyright 2012 by The Associated Press