Most Active Stories
- Marlboro High School Students, Parents, Sue Coach, District
- Riverkeeper Raises Concern Over Fracking Waste As De-Icer For NY Roads
- Dr. Susan Fiske, Princeton University - Baseball and Schadenfreude
- Dr. David Hsu, University of Michigan – The Pain of Social Rejection
- NY: Vatican Survey & "Francis Effect"
WAMC New York News
Wed March 30, 2005
Med College Ban of Gay Student Group Stands
By Allison Dunne
White Plains, NY – A medical college in Westchester County that refused to authorize a gay student group, did not violate anti-discrimination laws. This decision from the county's Human Rights Commission cites the college's connection to the Roman Catholic Church as the reason. More from WAMC's Hudson Valley Bureau Chief Allison Dunne.