Most Active Stories
- Retracing The Steps Of Solomon Northup In Saratoga Springs
- Health Summit Focuses On Gender Equality In Clinical Research
- Vox Pop : Medical Monday - Dr. Richard Horowitz : 2/24/14
- Senate Republicans Block Sanders Omnibus Veterans Bill
- Dr. David Trilling, Northern Arizona University - Can an asteroid impact Earth?
WAMC New York News
Sat February 5, 2005
MediaNews Gobbles Another Local Paper
By John Krol
North Adams, MA – The parent company of the Berkshire Eagle Newspaper has purchased what had been one of the few remaining locally-owned papers in the region. New England Newspapers bought The Advocate newspaper for an undisclosed sum. It marks a continuation of media consolidation in the region, and across the country. WAMC's Berkshire Bureau Chief John Krol reports.