Most Active Stories
- Dr. Paul Booth, DePaul University – Cultural Meaning of Doctor Who
- Where Did That Fried Chicken Stereotype Come From?
- Dr. Frank Elgar, McGill University – Psychological Health and Family Meals
- NY AG Breaks Cigarette Trafficking Ring, Hints Terror Ties
- Complaints Voiced At Forum About VA Claims Backlog
New England News
Tue January 1, 2013
Medical Marijuana Tops New Laws In Massachusetts
The new year brings new laws to Massachusetts. WAMC’s Paul Tuthill reports
Massachusetts will join 18 states and the District of Columbia with medical marijuana programs. Although the voter approved law takes effect on the first day of the new year, the Massachusetts Department of Public Health has 120 days to write regulations Another voter approved law will also be implemented in 2013. It requires auto makers to share diagnostic and repair information about cars and trucks with independent mechanics. Also, Massachsuetts,because the last state to end a requirement that grocery stores put a price sticker on every item on the shelf. Stores will instead have to install price scanners.