Most Active Stories
- New Analysis And Science Answer Governor Cuomo’s Fracking Concerns
- Owens Would Like To Continue In Economic Development Role
- Anchor Stores Announced For Newburgh Shopping Complex
- BMC Nurses Picket Claiming Unsafe Staffing Levels
- Vermont GMO Supporters Decry Federal Bill Targeting State Level Legislation
It's All Politics
Fri November 15, 2013
Meet The 39 Democrats Who Backed The GOP's Obamacare Fix
Originally published on Fri November 15, 2013 7:27 pm
The Keep Your Health Plan Act, the Republican-sponsored bill to allow insurance companies to continue offering policies that would otherwise be canceled because they don't meet the standards of the Affordable Care Act, passed the House Friday by a vote of 261-157.
In the 153 districts whose Democratic representatives voted against the measure, President Obama beat Republican Mitt Romney by an average of 38 points.
In those 39 districts where the Democrat voted "yes," the president defeated Romney by an average of only 6 points.