Most Active Stories
- Saratoga County Sheriff's Sgt. Resigns, Charged With Misconduct After Video Goes Viral
- Pittsfield's 3rd Thursdays Undergoes Changes For 2015 Season
- Donation Of Historic Amusement Park May Be Brought To Referendum
- Maloney: de Blasio "Should Have Head Examined" After Withholding Clinton Endorsement
- Williams College New Environmental Center Reaching For High Bar
It's All Politics
Fri November 15, 2013
Meet The 39 Democrats Who Backed The GOP's Obamacare Fix
Originally published on Fri November 15, 2013 7:27 pm
The Keep Your Health Plan Act, the Republican-sponsored bill to allow insurance companies to continue offering policies that would otherwise be canceled because they don't meet the standards of the Affordable Care Act, passed the House Friday by a vote of 261-157.
In the 153 districts whose Democratic representatives voted against the measure, President Obama beat Republican Mitt Romney by an average of 38 points.
In those 39 districts where the Democrat voted "yes," the president defeated Romney by an average of only 6 points.