Most Active Stories
- Health Summit Focuses On Gender Equality In Clinical Research
- The Gooey Chocolate Cookie Recipe That's Worth $5,000
- MA Health Connector Dwindles Backlog; Website Work Remains
- Retracing The Steps Of Solomon Northup In Saratoga Springs
- Dr. Russell Poldrack, University of Texas at Austin - Studying fluctuations of the brain
It's All Politics
Fri November 15, 2013
Meet The 39 Democrats Who Backed The GOP's Obamacare Fix
Originally published on Fri November 15, 2013 7:27 pm
The Keep Your Health Plan Act, the Republican-sponsored bill to allow insurance companies to continue offering policies that would otherwise be canceled because they don't meet the standards of the Affordable Care Act, passed the House Friday by a vote of 261-157.
In the 153 districts whose Democratic representatives voted against the measure, President Obama beat Republican Mitt Romney by an average of 38 points.
In those 39 districts where the Democrat voted "yes," the president defeated Romney by an average of only 6 points.