Most Active Stories
- Dr. Russell Johnson, Michigan State University - The Harmful Effects of Smartphones
- MA Health Connector Dwindles Backlog; Website Work Remains
- The Great Debate - Single Payer or Private Insurance
- Dr. Russell Poldrack, University of Texas at Austin - Studying fluctuations of the brain
- A Whole Lotta Flash: Lesli Margherita In "Matilda: The Musical"
WAMC New York News
Mon November 21, 2005
Meeting Scheduled to Discuss Lake Champlain Invasive Problems
By Pat Bradley
Whitehall, NY – Invasive species are a problem in Lake Champlain. From zebra mussels to water chestnut to alewives, the non-native plants and animals can wreak havoc with the native eco-system. But they can also create problems for people who live near the lake, clogging water intake systems and hurting recreational activities. A public meeting will be held tonight to discuss invasives in Lake Champlain. WAMC's North Country Bureau Chief Pat Bradley has more.