Most Active Stories
- Marlboro High School Students, Parents, Sue Coach, District
- Riverkeeper Raises Concern Over Fracking Waste As De-Icer For NY Roads
- Dr. Susan Fiske, Princeton University - Baseball and Schadenfreude
- Dr. David Hsu, University of Michigan – The Pain of Social Rejection
- NY: Vatican Survey & "Francis Effect"
Mon December 12, 2011
Megan Kelley Hall & Carrie Jones - Dear Bully
By Katie Britton
Albany, NY – On a daily average 160,000 children miss school because they fear they will be bullied if they attend classes.
More than 75% of students are subjected to harassment by a bully or cyberbully and experience physical, psychological, and/or emotional abuse.
The facts are startling, and so many choose to turn a blind eye to children being harassed and bullied by others. Writers Megan Kelley Hall & Carrie Jones have decided to take a stand against bullying, and have edited a book called Dear Bully. In it 70 young adult authors tells their stories about being bullied, being the bully themselves, and how they have tried to overcome and learn from the past.
Get help if you're being bullied or know someone who is:
National Suicide Prevention Lifeline
Your Life Your Voice
It Gets Better Project
Resources for parents & educators:
International Bullying Prevention Association
Stop Bullying Now!
The Ophelia Project