Most Active Stories
- Dr. Paul Booth, DePaul University – Cultural Meaning of Doctor Who
- Complaints Voiced At Forum About VA Claims Backlog
- Dr. Frank Elgar, McGill University – Psychological Health and Family Meals
- Dr. Claudia Buchmann, Ohio State University – Higher Education Gender Gap
- NY AG Breaks Cigarette Trafficking Ring, Hints Terror Ties
WAMC New York News
Thu December 4, 2003
Mercury Emissions Proposal Irks Environmentalists
By Pat Bradley
Montpelier, VT – A draft of an EPA proposal obtained by the Associated Press indicates the Bush administration plans to create a "cap-and-trade" system for mercury emissions from coal-burning power plants.
An emissions trading program for mercury has raised the ire of environmental groups nationwide, and especially here in the Northeast. North Country Bureau Chief Pat Bradley has more.