Most Active Stories
- MA Health Connector Dwindles Backlog; Website Work Remains
- Dr. Russell Poldrack, University of Texas at Austin - Studying fluctuations of the brain
- Dr. Russell Johnson, Michigan State University - The Harmful Effects of Smartphones
- Beyond Addiction: How Science and Kindness Help People Change
- Dr. Chad Jensen, Brigham Young University - Specific types of bullying have specific results
WAMC New York News
Thu December 4, 2003
Mercury Emissions Proposal Irks Environmentalists
By Pat Bradley
Montpelier, VT – A draft of an EPA proposal obtained by the Associated Press indicates the Bush administration plans to create a "cap-and-trade" system for mercury emissions from coal-burning power plants.
An emissions trading program for mercury has raised the ire of environmental groups nationwide, and especially here in the Northeast. North Country Bureau Chief Pat Bradley has more.