Most Active Stories
- Sports Report: Michael Phelps Comes Out Of Retirement
- State Police Called After Hinsdale Select Board Denies Ex-Police Chief's Bid For Part-Time Position
- Concerns Raised Over Proposed Natural Gas Pipeline
- Albany Store Sold Bedbug-Infested Matresses
- Dr. Jeffrey Froh, Hofstra University - The Benefits of Gratitude
WAMC New York News
Thu December 4, 2003
Mercury Emissions Proposal Irks Environmentalists
By Pat Bradley
Montpelier, VT – A draft of an EPA proposal obtained by the Associated Press indicates the Bush administration plans to create a "cap-and-trade" system for mercury emissions from coal-burning power plants.
An emissions trading program for mercury has raised the ire of environmental groups nationwide, and especially here in the Northeast. North Country Bureau Chief Pat Bradley has more.