Most Active Stories
- Marlboro High School Students, Parents, Sue Coach, District
- Riverkeeper Raises Concern Over Fracking Waste As De-Icer For NY Roads
- Dr. Susan Fiske, Princeton University - Baseball and Schadenfreude
- Dr. David Hsu, University of Michigan – The Pain of Social Rejection
- NY: Vatican Survey & "Francis Effect"
Around the Nation
Thu June 21, 2012
Mercury Sets Met's Ticket Prices With Yankees
STEVE INSKEEP, HOST:
Good morning. I'm Steve Inskeep. Coming up this weekend, the New York Yankees play the New York Mets. And the Mets tried a promotion for the subway series. Tickets that normally go for well over $100 would instead be sold at a price tied to yesterday's temperature. Sadly, New York did not have one of those cold June days that occasionally come. Heat advisories were out as the temperature climbed to 94. But $94 will still save patrons over $20 per seat this weekend. It's MORNING EDITION. Transcript provided by NPR, Copyright National Public Radio.