Most Active Stories
- New Analysis And Science Answer Governor Cuomo’s Fracking Concerns
- Anchor Stores Announced For Newburgh Shopping Complex
- BMC Nurses Picket Claiming Unsafe Staffing Levels
- Vermont GMO Supporters Decry Federal Bill Targeting State Level Legislation
- Conservation Group Praises USCG, EPA Oil-Spill Response Plan Effort
North Country News
Tue January 15, 2013
Merged Vermont Electric Utility, Union Make Single Deal
About 300 unionized workers and Green Mountain Power have reached a five-year labor agreement that brings all employees under one contract after the company's expansion following its merger with the Central Vermont Public Service Corp.
GMP said Tuesday the contract with the International Brotherhood of Electrical Workers Local 300 brings all union employees together under a single contract.
Before last year's merger, workers for GMP and CVPS belonged to the same union, but worked under different contracts.
The details of the contract were not released.
Copyright 2013 Associated Press. All Rights Reserved.