Most Active Stories
- Cousin, 19, Charged With Murder Of 5-Year-Old After Kidnapping Hoax
- County Execs Propose Partial Funding Plan For The New NY Bridge
- Part Five Of Student Loan Series Focuses On Young Farmers
- Officials Inaugurate High Speed Rail Line In Western Mass.
- Part Two Of Student Loan Series Looks At Adult Learners
North Country News
Tue January 15, 2013
Merged Vermont Electric Utility, Union Make Single Deal
About 300 unionized workers and Green Mountain Power have reached a five-year labor agreement that brings all employees under one contract after the company's expansion following its merger with the Central Vermont Public Service Corp.
GMP said Tuesday the contract with the International Brotherhood of Electrical Workers Local 300 brings all union employees together under a single contract.
Before last year's merger, workers for GMP and CVPS belonged to the same union, but worked under different contracts.
The details of the contract were not released.
Copyright 2013 Associated Press. All Rights Reserved.