Most Active Stories
- Boston Bombing Suspect's Body Finally 'Entombed,' Police Say
- Dr. Paul Booth, DePaul University – Cultural Meaning of Doctor Who
- Complaints Voiced At Forum About VA Claims Backlog
- Dr. Zlatan Krizan, Iowa State University – Envy and Narcissism
- Dr. Frank Elgar, McGill University – Psychological Health and Family Meals
Hudson Valley News
Tue October 9, 2012
Metro-North Adds More Trains
Effective next weekend, Metro-North train service on weekends and off-peak periods will get a big boost with the addition of 79 trains each week in the first round of service implementation that was announced last month.
The new trains will provide increased frequency in the most popular off-peak and weekend time periods, as well as faster travel times and improved customer comfort by adding cars on weekend trains that are usually crowded.
Another 151 new trains each will be added in April of next year.
The October plan adds 69 trains East of Hudson and 10 West of Hudson, including 15 additional weekend and 30 additional weekday trains on the New Haven Line, 24 additional weekend trains on the Harlem Line and 10 additional weekday trains on the Pascack Valley Line.
There will also be schedule modifications which can be checked at www.mta.info .