Most Active Stories
- Saratoga County Sheriff's Sgt. Resigns, Charged With Misconduct After Video Goes Viral
- Donation Of Historic Amusement Park May Be Brought To Referendum
- Pittsfield's 3rd Thursdays Undergoes Changes For 2015 Season
- Maloney: de Blasio "Should Have Head Examined" After Withholding Clinton Endorsement
- Williams College New Environmental Center Reaching For High Bar
Hudson Valley News
Tue October 9, 2012
Metro-North Adds More Trains
Effective next weekend, Metro-North train service on weekends and off-peak periods will get a big boost with the addition of 79 trains each week in the first round of service implementation that was announced last month.
The new trains will provide increased frequency in the most popular off-peak and weekend time periods, as well as faster travel times and improved customer comfort by adding cars on weekend trains that are usually crowded.
Another 151 new trains each will be added in April of next year.
The October plan adds 69 trains East of Hudson and 10 West of Hudson, including 15 additional weekend and 30 additional weekday trains on the New Haven Line, 24 additional weekend trains on the Harlem Line and 10 additional weekday trains on the Pascack Valley Line.
There will also be schedule modifications which can be checked at www.mta.info .