Most Active Stories
- Scenic Rail Planned for Northern Berkshires, But Work Remains
- Prof. Nancy Prideaux, University of Texas Austin – Logistics of Black Friday
- Two NYS Legislators Look To Regulate E-Cigarettes
- Mayor-Elect, City Leaders Call For Verizon FIOS In Albany
- MTA Police Identify Passengers Who Died In Metro-North Train Derailment
Hudson Valley News
Tue October 9, 2012
Metro-North Adds More Trains
Effective next weekend, Metro-North train service on weekends and off-peak periods will get a big boost with the addition of 79 trains each week in the first round of service implementation that was announced last month.
The new trains will provide increased frequency in the most popular off-peak and weekend time periods, as well as faster travel times and improved customer comfort by adding cars on weekend trains that are usually crowded.
Another 151 new trains each will be added in April of next year.
The October plan adds 69 trains East of Hudson and 10 West of Hudson, including 15 additional weekend and 30 additional weekday trains on the New Haven Line, 24 additional weekend trains on the Harlem Line and 10 additional weekday trains on the Pascack Valley Line.
There will also be schedule modifications which can be checked at www.mta.info .