Most Active Stories
- Prof. Nancy Prideaux, University of Texas Austin – Logistics of Black Friday
- Dr. Susan Fiske, Princeton University - Baseball and Schadenfreude
- F-35 To Be Housed At Vermont Air Guard Base
- Dr. David Hsu, University of Michigan – The Pain of Social Rejection
- White House Cites Pre-Existing Condition Case From Its Own Ranks
New England News
Wed May 29, 2013
Michelle Obama To Visit Victims, Attend Fundraiser
First lady Michelle Obama is planning to be in Boston to meet with victims of the Boston Marathon bombings. She'll also attend a fundraiser for Democratic U.S. Senate hopeful Edward Markey.
Obama planned to deliver remarks at the fundraiser today at Boston's Taj Hotel for Markey and the Democratic Senatorial Campaign Committee. Markey and the Democratic Senatorial Campaign Committee have a joint fundraising committee.
Markey said Tuesday he was looking forward to the visit, calling Obama a "very iconic, powerful figure."
It's the second time the first lady has visited Boston since the marathon bombings. She attended a service at the Cathedral of the Holy Cross with President Obama in the days after the bombings. She also visited some victims of the twin blasts as they were recovering in nearby hospitals.
Copyright 2013 Associated Press. All Rights Reserved.