Most Active Stories
- County Execs Propose Partial Funding Plan For The New NY Bridge
- Cousin, 19, Charged With Murder Of 5-Year-Old After Kidnapping Hoax
- Part Five Of Student Loan Series Focuses On Young Farmers
- Officials Inaugurate High Speed Rail Line In Western Mass.
- Part Two Of Student Loan Series Looks At Adult Learners
New England News
Wed May 29, 2013
Michelle Obama To Visit Victims, Attend Fundraiser
First lady Michelle Obama is planning to be in Boston to meet with victims of the Boston Marathon bombings. She'll also attend a fundraiser for Democratic U.S. Senate hopeful Edward Markey.
Obama planned to deliver remarks at the fundraiser today at Boston's Taj Hotel for Markey and the Democratic Senatorial Campaign Committee. Markey and the Democratic Senatorial Campaign Committee have a joint fundraising committee.
Markey said Tuesday he was looking forward to the visit, calling Obama a "very iconic, powerful figure."
It's the second time the first lady has visited Boston since the marathon bombings. She attended a service at the Cathedral of the Holy Cross with President Obama in the days after the bombings. She also visited some victims of the twin blasts as they were recovering in nearby hospitals.
Copyright 2013 Associated Press. All Rights Reserved.