Most Active Stories
- Saratoga County Sheriff's Sgt. Resigns, Charged With Misconduct After Video Goes Viral
- Donation Of Historic Amusement Park May Be Brought To Referendum
- Maloney: de Blasio "Should Have Head Examined" After Withholding Clinton Endorsement
- Pittsfield's 3rd Thursdays Undergoes Changes For 2015 Season
- Western Massachusetts School Investigates Allegations Of Inappropriate Sexual Conduct
New England News
Thu August 2, 2012
Michelle Obama To Visit Western Mass. To Raise Campaign Funds
First Lady Michele Obama will be in western Massachusetts Friday to attend three campaign fundraising events. WAMC’s Paul Tuthill reports.
The First Lady will attend a luncheon at the Basketball Hall of Fame in Springfield. Tickets for it start at $1,000 according to a campaign official. There will be no opportunity for the general public to hear from or even see Mrs. Obama, according to Springfield Police Sergeant John Delaney
There will be temporary street closures and parking restrictions. Exhibits at the Hall of Fame will remain open for tourists... Later in the afternoon, Mrs Obama attends a reception at the Colonial Theater in Pittsfield, where James Taylor will perform. The last event is a dinner at the Richmond home of Governor Patrick, where tickets begin at $20,000.