Most Active Stories
- Marlboro High School Students, Parents, Sue Coach, District
- Riverkeeper Raises Concern Over Fracking Waste As De-Icer For NY Roads
- Dr. Susan Fiske, Princeton University - Baseball and Schadenfreude
- Dr. David Hsu, University of Michigan – The Pain of Social Rejection
- NY: Vatican Survey & "Francis Effect"
WAMC New York News
Thu September 16, 2004
Mid-Hudson People's Assembly Seeks Change
By Allison Dunne
Central Valley, NY – There is a coalition in the Hudson Valley that aims to get the word out about reclaiming Democracy. The goal of a forum to be held this weekend is to show how national and international issues can affect Mid-Hudson Valley residents, and how residents can contribute to social change. Former head of the UN Iraqi Weapons Inspection Program Scott Ritter will be the keynote speaker. WAMC's Hudson Valley Bureau Chief Allison Dunne has a preview.