Most Active Stories
- Cousin, 19, Charged With Murder Of 5-Year-Old After Kidnapping Hoax
- County Execs Propose Partial Funding Plan For The New NY Bridge
- Part Five Of Student Loan Series Focuses On Young Farmers
- Officials Inaugurate High Speed Rail Line In Western Mass.
- Part Two Of Student Loan Series Looks At Adult Learners
WAMC New York News
Thu September 16, 2004
Mid-Hudson People's Assembly Seeks Change
By Allison Dunne
Central Valley, NY – There is a coalition in the Hudson Valley that aims to get the word out about reclaiming Democracy. The goal of a forum to be held this weekend is to show how national and international issues can affect Mid-Hudson Valley residents, and how residents can contribute to social change. Former head of the UN Iraqi Weapons Inspection Program Scott Ritter will be the keynote speaker. WAMC's Hudson Valley Bureau Chief Allison Dunne has a preview.