Most Active Stories
- Dr. Paul Booth, DePaul University – Cultural Meaning of Doctor Who
- Where Did That Fried Chicken Stereotype Come From?
- Dr. Frank Elgar, McGill University – Psychological Health and Family Meals
- NY AG Breaks Cigarette Trafficking Ring, Hints Terror Ties
- Dr. Claudia Buchmann, Ohio State University – Higher Education Gender Gap
WAMC New York News
Thu September 16, 2004
Mid-Hudson People's Assembly Seeks Change
By Allison Dunne
Central Valley, NY – There is a coalition in the Hudson Valley that aims to get the word out about reclaiming Democracy. The goal of a forum to be held this weekend is to show how national and international issues can affect Mid-Hudson Valley residents, and how residents can contribute to social change. Former head of the UN Iraqi Weapons Inspection Program Scott Ritter will be the keynote speaker. WAMC's Hudson Valley Bureau Chief Allison Dunne has a preview.