Most Active Stories
- Marlboro High School Students, Parents, Sue Coach, District
- Riverkeeper Raises Concern Over Fracking Waste As De-Icer For NY Roads
- Dr. Susan Fiske, Princeton University - Baseball and Schadenfreude
- Dr. David Hsu, University of Michigan – The Pain of Social Rejection
- NY: Vatican Survey & "Francis Effect"
Tue April 3, 2012
Midday Magazine - Dr. James Darnell jr. and Dr. Robert Roeder
The Albany Medical Center Prize in Medicine and Bio-Medical Research will officially be awarded May 11th in Albany, but the winners of the prize have already been announced. Drs. James Darnell junior and Robert Roeder both with the Rockefeller University in New York City will share the award of $500,000, which is the largest monetary award in the U.S., second only to the Nobel Prize. Both men are being honored for their work to unlock the secrets of DNA, and RNA processing, that is how cells express their genetic information. WAMC’s Brian Shields spoke with both men, beginning with Dr. Darnell.