Most Active Stories
- Saratoga County Sheriff's Sgt. Resigns, Charged With Misconduct After Video Goes Viral
- Donation Of Historic Amusement Park May Be Brought To Referendum
- Maloney: de Blasio "Should Have Head Examined" After Withholding Clinton Endorsement
- Pittsfield's 3rd Thursdays Undergoes Changes For 2015 Season
- Shakespeare & Company's Founding Artistic Dir. Speaks About Recent Leadership Resignations
Wed April 18, 2012
Midday Magazine – Drs. Richard Tedeschi & Charles Figley - Disaster Mental Health
The State University of New York at New Paltz will host the ninth annual conference of the Institute for Disaster Mental Health tomorrow. The conference is focused on maintaining resilience among trauma and disaster workers.
Among the keynote speakers are Dr. Richard Tedeschi, a professor of psychology at the University of North Carolina-Charlotte, and Dr. Charles Figley, professor of social work at Tulane University. WAMC’s Brian Shields spoke with both men about how those who work around disaster maintain mental fitness.