Most Active Stories
- New Analysis And Science Answer Governor Cuomo’s Fracking Concerns
- Anchor Stores Announced For Newburgh Shopping Complex
- North Adams Goes Unsilent: Electronic Audio Experience Fills Streets
- BMC Nurses Picket Claiming Unsafe Staffing Levels
- Conservation Group Praises USCG, EPA Oil-Spill Response Plan Effort
Wed April 18, 2012
Midday Magazine – Drs. Richard Tedeschi & Charles Figley - Disaster Mental Health
The State University of New York at New Paltz will host the ninth annual conference of the Institute for Disaster Mental Health tomorrow. The conference is focused on maintaining resilience among trauma and disaster workers.
Among the keynote speakers are Dr. Richard Tedeschi, a professor of psychology at the University of North Carolina-Charlotte, and Dr. Charles Figley, professor of social work at Tulane University. WAMC’s Brian Shields spoke with both men about how those who work around disaster maintain mental fitness.