Most Active Stories
- New Analysis And Science Answer Governor Cuomo’s Fracking Concerns
- Anchor Stores Announced For Newburgh Shopping Complex
- North Adams Goes Unsilent: Electronic Audio Experience Fills Streets
- BMC Nurses Picket Claiming Unsafe Staffing Levels
- Conservation Group Praises USCG, EPA Oil-Spill Response Plan Effort
New York News
Wed March 28, 2012
Midday Magazine - Tim Kremer, New York State School Boards Association
As some education advocates praise the additional school funding announced as part of the New York State budget agreement, schools must now work through their own budgets, while, for the first time, considering the state’s 2 percent property tax cap.
WAMC’s Patrick Donges spoke to Tim Kremer, executive director of the New York State School Boards Association, on the fiscal future of New York’s schools in the wake of yesterday’s budget agreement.