Most Active Stories
- Marlboro High School Students, Parents, Sue Coach, District
- Riverkeeper Raises Concern Over Fracking Waste As De-Icer For NY Roads
- Dr. Susan Fiske, Princeton University - Baseball and Schadenfreude
- Dr. David Hsu, University of Michigan – The Pain of Social Rejection
- NY: Vatican Survey & "Francis Effect"
Fri September 21, 2012
Middlesex Eyed for Temporary Vermont Psych Hospital
The state of Vermont is considering construction of a temporary, seven-bed secure psychiatric facility on state property in Middlesex, to remain in place while a permanent new psychiatric hospital is built in Berlin.
State officials had been looking for locations for such a facility in central Vermont, and had been eyeing a site in Waterbury, but had not been successful in working out an agreement.
Now Buildings and General Services Commissioner Mike Obuchowski says there appears to be good potential for use of property next to the state police station and general services buildings in Middlesex.
He says advantages include proximity to Interstate 89 and the fact that the state already owns the land.
Copyright 2012 Associated Press. All Rights Reserved.