Most Active Stories
- Health Summit Focuses On Gender Equality In Clinical Research
- The Gooey Chocolate Cookie Recipe That's Worth $5,000
- MA Health Connector Dwindles Backlog; Website Work Remains
- Retracing The Steps Of Solomon Northup In Saratoga Springs
- Dr. Russell Poldrack, University of Texas at Austin - Studying fluctuations of the brain
Hudson Valley News
Tue November 27, 2012
Middletown School is a Finalist in Race to the Top Competition
The U.S. Department of Education announced on Monday that the Middletown City School District is among 61 applications selected as a finalist for the Race to the Top-District competition.
The program will provide close to $400 million to support locally developed plans to personalize and deepen student learning, directly improve student achievement and educator effectiveness, close achievement gaps, and prepare every student for success in college and careers.
The Education Department expects to select 15 to 25 winning applications from the Race to the Top-District competition for four-year awards that will range from $5 million to $40 million, depending on the population of students served through the plan.
Awards will be announced by the end of the year.