Most Active Stories
- Retracing The Steps Of Solomon Northup In Saratoga Springs
- Health Summit Focuses On Gender Equality In Clinical Research
- Vox Pop : Medical Monday - Dr. Richard Horowitz : 2/24/14
- Senate Republicans Block Sanders Omnibus Veterans Bill
- Dr. David Trilling, Northern Arizona University - Can an asteroid impact Earth?
WAMC New York News
Wed August 20, 2003
Milk Subsidy Program More Expensive Than Estimated
By Pat Bradley
Plattsburgh, NY – A federal dairy program set up last year to replace the Dairy Compact is proving to be much more expensive than projected. Dairy farmers in the region aren't surprised that the subsidy costs are higher, given the historic lows they are getting for their product.
More from North Country Bureau Chief Pat Bradley.