Most Active Stories
- Dr. Paul Booth, DePaul University – Cultural Meaning of Doctor Who
- Complaints Voiced At Forum About VA Claims Backlog
- Dr. Frank Elgar, McGill University – Psychological Health and Family Meals
- Dr. Claudia Buchmann, Ohio State University – Higher Education Gender Gap
- NY AG Breaks Cigarette Trafficking Ring, Hints Terror Ties
WAMC New York News
Wed August 20, 2003
Milk Subsidy Program More Expensive Than Estimated
By Pat Bradley
Plattsburgh, NY – A federal dairy program set up last year to replace the Dairy Compact is proving to be much more expensive than projected. Dairy farmers in the region aren't surprised that the subsidy costs are higher, given the historic lows they are getting for their product.
More from North Country Bureau Chief Pat Bradley.