Most Active Stories
- Marlboro High School Students, Parents, Sue Coach, District
- Prof. Nancy Prideaux, University of Texas Austin – Logistics of Black Friday
- Dr. Susan Fiske, Princeton University - Baseball and Schadenfreude
- F-35 To Be Housed At Vermont Air Guard Base
- Dr. David Hsu, University of Michigan – The Pain of Social Rejection
WAMC New York News
Wed August 20, 2003
Milk Subsidy Program More Expensive Than Estimated
By Pat Bradley
Plattsburgh, NY – A federal dairy program set up last year to replace the Dairy Compact is proving to be much more expensive than projected. Dairy farmers in the region aren't surprised that the subsidy costs are higher, given the historic lows they are getting for their product.
More from North Country Bureau Chief Pat Bradley.