Most Active Stories
- Health Summit Focuses On Gender Equality In Clinical Research
- The Gooey Chocolate Cookie Recipe That's Worth $5,000
- MA Health Connector Dwindles Backlog; Website Work Remains
- Dr. Russell Poldrack, University of Texas at Austin - Studying fluctuations of the brain
- Beyond Addiction: How Science and Kindness Help People Change
WAMC New York News
Wed August 20, 2003
Milk Subsidy Program More Expensive Than Estimated
By Pat Bradley
Plattsburgh, NY – A federal dairy program set up last year to replace the Dairy Compact is proving to be much more expensive than projected. Dairy farmers in the region aren't surprised that the subsidy costs are higher, given the historic lows they are getting for their product.
More from North Country Bureau Chief Pat Bradley.