Most Active Stories
- Marlboro High School Students, Parents, Sue Coach, District
- Riverkeeper Raises Concern Over Fracking Waste As De-Icer For NY Roads
- Dr. Susan Fiske, Princeton University - Baseball and Schadenfreude
- Dr. David Hsu, University of Michigan – The Pain of Social Rejection
- NY: Vatican Survey & "Francis Effect"
WAMC New York News
Mon December 13, 2004
Mill to File Permit for Test Tire Burn, Enviros Against
By Pat Bradley
Ticonderoga, NY – International Paper will file for a permit this week requesting permission for a test burn of tires at its Ticonderoga plant. The mill has filed for permits in the past and the project has been delayed. Each time environmentalists and others, especially in Vermont, have advocated against the experimental burn. And they still think it's a bad idea. WAMC's North Country Bureau Chief Pat Bradley has more.