Most Active Stories
- Marlboro High School Students, Parents, Sue Coach, District
- Riverkeeper Raises Concern Over Fracking Waste As De-Icer For NY Roads
- Dr. Susan Fiske, Princeton University - Baseball and Schadenfreude
- Dr. David Hsu, University of Michigan – The Pain of Social Rejection
- NY: Vatican Survey & "Francis Effect"
WAMC New York News
Thu July 15, 2004
Ministers, Attorney Revel in Decision to Drop Charges
By Allison Dunne
New Paltz, NY – On a day when U.S. Senate members prevented passage of a constitutional amendment banning gay marriage, two New York ministers celebrated a legal victory. The two Unitarian Universalist ministers that were cleared Tuesday of criminal charges for marrying same-sex couples without a license, say their win will carry over into discrimination battles across the nation. Meanwhile, their attorney had stern words for district attorney in the case. WAMC's Allison Dunne has this report.