Most Active Stories
- Marlboro High School Students, Parents, Sue Coach, District
- Riverkeeper Raises Concern Over Fracking Waste As De-Icer For NY Roads
- Dr. Susan Fiske, Princeton University - Baseball and Schadenfreude
- Dr. David Hsu, University of Michigan – The Pain of Social Rejection
- NY: Vatican Survey & "Francis Effect"
WAMC New York News
Tue March 23, 2004
Ministers Plead Not Guilty
By Allison Dunne
New Paltz, NY – The two Unitarian Universalist ministers charged with marrying same-sex couples without a license have pled not guilty. As more than one hundred supporters flanked the steps of the courthouse in New Paltz, New York, the ministers' attorney expressed concern that the Ulster County District Attorney might seek to present the case to a grand jury. WAMC's Hudson Valley Bureau Chief Allison Dunne filed this report.