Most Active Stories
- Cousin, 19, Charged With Murder Of 5-Year-Old After Kidnapping Hoax
- County Execs Propose Partial Funding Plan For The New NY Bridge
- Part Five Of Student Loan Series Focuses On Young Farmers
- Officials Inaugurate High Speed Rail Line In Western Mass.
- Part Two Of Student Loan Series Looks At Adult Learners
WAMC New York News
Tue March 23, 2004
Ministers Plead Not Guilty
By Allison Dunne
New Paltz, NY – The two Unitarian Universalist ministers charged with marrying same-sex couples without a license have pled not guilty. As more than one hundred supporters flanked the steps of the courthouse in New Paltz, New York, the ministers' attorney expressed concern that the Ulster County District Attorney might seek to present the case to a grand jury. WAMC's Hudson Valley Bureau Chief Allison Dunne filed this report.