Most Active Stories
- Prof. Nancy Prideaux, University of Texas Austin – Logistics of Black Friday
- Dr. Susan Fiske, Princeton University - Baseball and Schadenfreude
- F-35 To Be Housed At Vermont Air Guard Base
- Dr. David Hsu, University of Michigan – The Pain of Social Rejection
- White House Cites Pre-Existing Condition Case From Its Own Ranks
New England News
Fri April 19, 2013
MIT Campus Police Killed In Campus Shooting
Authorities say a campus police officer at the Massachusetts Institute of Technology has died from injuries in a shooting on the campus outside Boston.
No arrests have been made and a manhunt is on for the shooter.
Cambridge police and the Middlesex District Attorney's office says the officer was responding to a report of a disturbance when he was shot multiple times. He later died at a hospital. His name was not immediately released.
State police spokesman Dave Procopio says the shooting took place about 10:30 p.m. outside an MIT building.
Procopio says authorities are searching for a suspect or suspects.
There are no other victims.
About 11,000 people attend the prestigious school.
The campus website said police were sweeping the campus and urged people to stay indoors.
Copyright 2013 Associated Press. All Rights Reserved.