Most Active Stories
- Marlboro High School Students, Parents, Sue Coach, District
- Riverkeeper Raises Concern Over Fracking Waste As De-Icer For NY Roads
- Dr. Susan Fiske, Princeton University - Baseball and Schadenfreude
- Dr. David Hsu, University of Michigan – The Pain of Social Rejection
- NY: Vatican Survey & "Francis Effect"
Humanities Grant Segments
Tue October 12, 2010
Mixed Ingredients - Day 1 - Beth Forrest
By Joe Donahue
Hyde Park, NY – Beth Forrest, food historian and Culinary Institute of America (CIA) professor, will discuss the significance of food in America, from our historic past to present times, including how supply and demand, as well as preferences and tastes, have evolved over time.
Mixed Ingredients is made possible through the support of the New York Council for the Humanities.