Most Active Stories
- Dr. Paul Booth, DePaul University – Cultural Meaning of Doctor Who
- Where Did That Fried Chicken Stereotype Come From?
- Dr. Frank Elgar, McGill University – Psychological Health and Family Meals
- NY AG Breaks Cigarette Trafficking Ring, Hints Terror Ties
- Dr. Claudia Buchmann, Ohio State University – Higher Education Gender Gap
Humanities Grant Segments
Tue October 12, 2010
Mixed Ingredients - Day 1 - Beth Forrest
By Joe Donahue
Hyde Park, NY – Beth Forrest, food historian and Culinary Institute of America (CIA) professor, will discuss the significance of food in America, from our historic past to present times, including how supply and demand, as well as preferences and tastes, have evolved over time.
Mixed Ingredients is made possible through the support of the New York Council for the Humanities.