Most Active Stories
- Saratoga County Sheriff's Sgt. Resigns, Charged With Misconduct After Video Goes Viral
- Donation Of Historic Amusement Park May Be Brought To Referendum
- Maloney: de Blasio "Should Have Head Examined" After Withholding Clinton Endorsement
- Shakespeare & Company's Founding Artistic Dir. Speaks About Recent Leadership Resignations
- Western Massachusetts School Investigates Allegations Of Inappropriate Sexual Conduct
Humanities Grant Segments
Tue October 12, 2010
Mixed Ingredients - Day 1 - Mark Kurlansky
By Joe Donahue
New York, New York – James Beard Award-winning author of the bestselling books Cod and Salt, Mark Kurlansky, will expand upon the examination of America's culinary past, focusing specifically on access to food before the national highway system, chain restaurants, and refrigeration and freezers, when meals were fresh, seasonal, local and traditional.
Mixed Ingredients is made possible through the support of the New York Council for the Humanities.