Most Active Stories
- Dr. Paul Booth, DePaul University – Cultural Meaning of Doctor Who
- Where Did That Fried Chicken Stereotype Come From?
- Dr. Frank Elgar, McGill University – Psychological Health and Family Meals
- NY AG Breaks Cigarette Trafficking Ring, Hints Terror Ties
- Complaints Voiced At Forum About VA Claims Backlog
Humanities Grant Segments
Tue October 12, 2010
Mixed Ingredients - Day 1 - Mark Kurlansky
By Joe Donahue
New York, New York – James Beard Award-winning author of the bestselling books Cod and Salt, Mark Kurlansky, will expand upon the examination of America's culinary past, focusing specifically on access to food before the national highway system, chain restaurants, and refrigeration and freezers, when meals were fresh, seasonal, local and traditional.
Mixed Ingredients is made possible through the support of the New York Council for the Humanities.