Most Active Stories
- Next In NYS: Legal Marijuana?
- Family Of Norman Rockwell Angered Over Conclusions Drawn In New Rockwell Biography
- An Apple A Day Keeps The Doctor Away, And Statins Do, Too
- Riverkeeper Raises Concern Over Fracking Waste As De-Icer For NY Roads
- Dr. Robert Levenson, University of California Berkeley - Genetics of Marital Bliss
Humanities Grant Segments
Tue October 12, 2010
Mixed Ingredients - Day 1 - Mark Kurlansky
By Joe Donahue
New York, New York – James Beard Award-winning author of the bestselling books Cod and Salt, Mark Kurlansky, will expand upon the examination of America's culinary past, focusing specifically on access to food before the national highway system, chain restaurants, and refrigeration and freezers, when meals were fresh, seasonal, local and traditional.
Mixed Ingredients is made possible through the support of the New York Council for the Humanities.