Most Active Stories
- New Analysis And Science Answer Governor Cuomo’s Fracking Concerns
- North Adams Goes Unsilent: Electronic Audio Experience Fills Streets
- Anchor Stores Announced For Newburgh Shopping Complex
- BMC Nurses Picket Claiming Unsafe Staffing Levels
- Conservation Group Praises USCG, EPA Oil-Spill Response Plan Effort
Humanities Grant Segments
Tue October 12, 2010
Mixed Ingredients - Day 1 - Mark Kurlansky
By Joe Donahue
New York, New York – James Beard Award-winning author of the bestselling books Cod and Salt, Mark Kurlansky, will expand upon the examination of America's culinary past, focusing specifically on access to food before the national highway system, chain restaurants, and refrigeration and freezers, when meals were fresh, seasonal, local and traditional.
Mixed Ingredients is made possible through the support of the New York Council for the Humanities.