Most Active Stories
- Marlboro High School Students, Parents, Sue Coach, District
- Dr. Susan Fiske, Princeton University - Baseball and Schadenfreude
- F-35 To Be Housed At Vermont Air Guard Base
- Dr. David Hsu, University of Michigan – The Pain of Social Rejection
- White House Cites Pre-Existing Condition Case From Its Own Ranks
Humanities Grant Segments
Wed October 13, 2010
Mixed Ingredients - Day 2 - Vivian Halloran
By Joe Donahue
Albany, NY – Vivian Halloran, associate professor of comparative literature at Indiana University in Bloomington, provides examples of the various roles that food has played in literature, including how food and dining have been used as plot devices and metaphors in works by well-known authors.
Mixed Ingredients is made possible by the New York Council for the Humanities.