Most Active Stories
- Dr. Paul Booth, DePaul University – Cultural Meaning of Doctor Who
- Complaints Voiced At Forum About VA Claims Backlog
- Dr. Frank Elgar, McGill University – Psychological Health and Family Meals
- NY AG Breaks Cigarette Trafficking Ring, Hints Terror Ties
- Dr. Claudia Buchmann, Ohio State University – Higher Education Gender Gap
Humanities Grant Segments
Wed October 13, 2010
Mixed Ingredients - Day 2 - Vivian Halloran
By Joe Donahue
Albany, NY – Vivian Halloran, associate professor of comparative literature at Indiana University in Bloomington, provides examples of the various roles that food has played in literature, including how food and dining have been used as plot devices and metaphors in works by well-known authors.
Mixed Ingredients is made possible by the New York Council for the Humanities.