Most Active Stories
- Dr. Jeffrianne Wilder, University of North Florida – Skin Color and Racism
- Boston Bombing Suspect's Body Finally 'Entombed,' Police Say
- Dr. Zlatan Krizan, Iowa State University – Envy and Narcissism
- Dr. Frank Elgar, McGill University – Psychological Health and Family Meals
- Complaints Voiced At Forum About VA Claims Backlog
Humanities Grant Segments
Wed October 13, 2010
Mixed Ingredients - Day 2 - Vivian Halloran
By Joe Donahue
Albany, NY – Vivian Halloran, associate professor of comparative literature at Indiana University in Bloomington, provides examples of the various roles that food has played in literature, including how food and dining have been used as plot devices and metaphors in works by well-known authors.
Mixed Ingredients is made possible by the New York Council for the Humanities.