Most Active Stories
- New Analysis And Science Answer Governor Cuomo’s Fracking Concerns
- Owens Would Like To Continue In Economic Development Role
- Major Decisions On Casinos, Hydrofracking And Thruway Tolls Due Before End Of Year
- Conservation Group Praises USCG, EPA Oil-Spill Response Plan Effort
- Northeast Energy Direct Pipeline Route Moves North
New England News
Wed February 26, 2014
Mohegan Sun Casino Proposal Approved In Revere
Voters in Revere have approved a billion-dollar resort casino proposal, moving forward Mohegan Sun's plan that will compete with Wynn Resorts for the sole eastern Massachusetts resort casino license.
Mitchell Etess, CEO of Mohegan Sun Tribal Gaming Authority, says he's hopeful of convincing state gambling regulators to award Mohegan Sun the license.
Etess says Mohegan Sun will win the license because its application is unconditional. He says they're "ready to go."
Tuesday's vote was the second casino vote in the city in just over three months. Revere voters in November approved a proposal at Suffolk Downs, on the East Boston line, but East Boston rejected it. Mohegan Sun came back with a proposed $1.3 billion facility that would be built entirely in Revere.
Copyright 2014 Associated Press. All Rights Reserved.