Most Active Stories
- Dr. Russell Johnson, Michigan State University - The Harmful Effects of Smartphones
- MA Health Connector Dwindles Backlog; Website Work Remains
- Dr. Russell Poldrack, University of Texas at Austin - Studying fluctuations of the brain
- The Great Debate - Single Payer or Private Insurance
- Beyond Addiction: How Science and Kindness Help People Change
New England News
Wed November 27, 2013
Mohegan Sun, Rejected In Palmer, Partners In Suffolk Downs Casino Project
Mohegan Sun, which lost a bid to build a casino in western Massachusetts, is now pursuing a project in the Boston area.
Mohegan Sun has partnered with Suffolk Downs in an effort to build a casino at the thoroughbred race track. The partnership was announced just a day after a recount of the Nov. 5th referendum in Palmer confirmed the end of a five-year effort by Mohegan Sun to develop a casino in the rural town. Jennifer Baruffaldi, a pro casino advocate in Palmer questions Mohegan Sun’s commitment.
MGM Springfield is the only project still in the running for a casino license in western Massachusetts.