Most Active Stories
- Dr. Paul Booth, DePaul University – Cultural Meaning of Doctor Who
- Complaints Voiced At Forum About VA Claims Backlog
- Dr. Frank Elgar, McGill University – Psychological Health and Family Meals
- How Technology Is Transforming Archaeology
- Dr. Claudia Buchmann, Ohio State University – Higher Education Gender Gap
Hudson Valley News
Mon November 26, 2012
Mohonk Awarded Greenway Grant
Mohonk Preserve has received a $5,000 Greenway Conservancy small grant for its Foothills Trail Connectivity Planning Project.
The grant is part of a larger effort to enhance connectivity between the Shawangunk Ridge, Wallkill Valley Rail Trail,Scenic Byway, and carriage roads and is designed to expand public access to the Mohonk Preserve Foothills.
The Mohonk Preserve Foothills project entails a master planning effort to develop a train access and circulation master plan for historic carriage roads, and hiking, trail running, cross-country skiing, and cycling trails.
The Preserve has worked with the Open Space Institute to develop a long-term management and maintenance strategy for the Foothills lands for the benefit of the public.
The Connectivity Planning Project will take the next step in developing a comprehensive trail access, multiple use, circulation and linkage master plan.