Most Active Stories
- Prof. Nancy Prideaux, University of Texas Austin – Logistics of Black Friday
- Marlboro High School Students, Parents, Sue Coach, District
- Dr. Susan Fiske, Princeton University - Baseball and Schadenfreude
- F-35 To Be Housed At Vermont Air Guard Base
- Dr. David Hsu, University of Michigan – The Pain of Social Rejection
Mon August 20, 2012
Mold Detected at Vermont Veterans Home
Crews are cleaning the Vermont Veterans Home after air samples showed mold in the heating and cooling units and on stored medical records.
Testing took place this month at the Bennington organization after a musty smell returned to a common room on the home's dementia wing following a cleaning. The room was closed off to residents.
Home administrator Melissa Jackson said a new kind of insulation should prevent the reoccurrence of mold.
The Bennington Banner reports the files in the storage room will be vacuumed with special filters to remove any mold spores. Jackson said the room has been sealed until it can be cleaned.
She said there's no indication that the mold was causing any health issues.
Copyright 2012 Associated Press. All Rights Reserved.