Most Active Stories
- Scenic Rail Planned for Northern Berkshires, But Work Remains
- Prof. Nancy Prideaux, University of Texas Austin – Logistics of Black Friday
- Two NYS Legislators Look To Regulate E-Cigarettes
- Mayor-Elect, City Leaders Call For Verizon FIOS In Albany
- MTA Police Identify Passengers Who Died In Metro-North Train Derailment
New York News
Fri July 20, 2012
Montgomery County: Teens charged in case of 2 bodies found
Police say two teens have been arrested in the shooting deaths of two other teens found in a Mohawk Valley field. WAMC'S Dave Lucas reports.
State police on Friday announced the arrests on second-degree murder charges of 16-year-old Anthony Brasmiester of Amsterdam and an unidentified 15-year-old.
They are charged the deaths of 16-year-old Paul Damphier (dam-FEER') and 13-year-old Jonathan DeJesus (deh-HAY'-zoos), whose bodies were discovered by police Thursday in the Town of Florida, about 30 miles northwest of Albany.
The pair had been missing more than a week.
State police say they recovered a rifle they believed to be the murder weapon. Police said they did not want to discuss motive.
Brasmiester was sent to jail without bail and the 15-year-old was sent to a secure facility.
Copyright 2012 Associated Press. All Rights Reserved.