Most Active Stories
- Marlboro High School Students, Parents, Sue Coach, District
- Riverkeeper Raises Concern Over Fracking Waste As De-Icer For NY Roads
- Dr. Susan Fiske, Princeton University - Baseball and Schadenfreude
- Dr. David Hsu, University of Michigan – The Pain of Social Rejection
- NY: Vatican Survey & "Francis Effect"
New York News
Fri July 20, 2012
Montgomery County: Teens charged in case of 2 bodies found
Police say two teens have been arrested in the shooting deaths of two other teens found in a Mohawk Valley field. WAMC'S Dave Lucas reports.
State police on Friday announced the arrests on second-degree murder charges of 16-year-old Anthony Brasmiester of Amsterdam and an unidentified 15-year-old.
They are charged the deaths of 16-year-old Paul Damphier (dam-FEER') and 13-year-old Jonathan DeJesus (deh-HAY'-zoos), whose bodies were discovered by police Thursday in the Town of Florida, about 30 miles northwest of Albany.
The pair had been missing more than a week.
State police say they recovered a rifle they believed to be the murder weapon. Police said they did not want to discuss motive.
Brasmiester was sent to jail without bail and the 15-year-old was sent to a secure facility.
Copyright 2012 Associated Press. All Rights Reserved.