Most Active Stories
- Cousin, 19, Charged With Murder Of 5-Year-Old After Kidnapping Hoax
- County Execs Propose Partial Funding Plan For The New NY Bridge
- Part Five Of Student Loan Series Focuses On Young Farmers
- Officials Inaugurate High Speed Rail Line In Western Mass.
- Part Two Of Student Loan Series Looks At Adult Learners
WAMC New York News
Wed November 17, 2004
More Grandparents Raising Grandchildren
By Brian Shields
Albany, NY – For a number of different reasons, more and more grandparents are now raising their grandchildren. The A.A.R.P. held a meeting in Albany this week to take a closer look at the challenges faced by grandparents who, in their later years, once again take on the role of parents. WAMC's Senior Correspondent Brian Shields reports.