Most Active Stories
- Saratoga County Sheriff's Sgt. Resigns, Charged With Misconduct After Video Goes Viral
- Scenic Rail Expected To Be Running In Northern Berkshires This Summer
- Donation Of Historic Amusement Park May Be Brought To Referendum
- Maloney: de Blasio "Should Have Head Examined" After Withholding Clinton Endorsement
- Threats Lead To Hamilton College Lockdown
WAMC New York News
Wed January 4, 2006
More HUD funding for New York's homeless
By Jessica Bloustein
Albany, NY – Programs and services for the homeless in New York's Capital Region will receive nearly $3 million this year through the federal Department of Housing and Urban Development's Continuum of Care program and Emergency Shelter Grants. While the state's overall allotment--$142 million--is a 2% increase from last year, homeless service providers say it is not enough to effectively fight chronic homelessness.
WAMC's Capital District Bureau Chief Jessica Bloustein has more.