Most Active Stories
- MA And CT Declare State Of Emergency, Issues Travel Bans As Winter Blast Nears
- New York State Assembly Speaker Sheldon Silver Arrested On Corruption Charges
- NYS Assembly Speaker Sheldon Silver Charged in Corruption Scheme
- Wrinkles In Schenectady Casino Planning
- International Paper Employee Dies From Injuries
WAMC New York News
Wed January 4, 2006
More HUD funding for New York's homeless
By Jessica Bloustein
Albany, NY – Programs and services for the homeless in New York's Capital Region will receive nearly $3 million this year through the federal Department of Housing and Urban Development's Continuum of Care program and Emergency Shelter Grants. While the state's overall allotment--$142 million--is a 2% increase from last year, homeless service providers say it is not enough to effectively fight chronic homelessness.
WAMC's Capital District Bureau Chief Jessica Bloustein has more.