Most Active Stories
- Dr. Russell Johnson, Michigan State University - The Harmful Effects of Smartphones
- The Great Debate - Single Payer or Private Insurance
- MA Health Connector Dwindles Backlog; Website Work Remains
- Dr. Russell Poldrack, University of Texas at Austin - Studying fluctuations of the brain
- Glens Falls Prepares For Basketball Tournament Weekend
WAMC New York News
Wed January 4, 2006
More HUD funding for New York's homeless
By Jessica Bloustein
Albany, NY – Programs and services for the homeless in New York's Capital Region will receive nearly $3 million this year through the federal Department of Housing and Urban Development's Continuum of Care program and Emergency Shelter Grants. While the state's overall allotment--$142 million--is a 2% increase from last year, homeless service providers say it is not enough to effectively fight chronic homelessness.
WAMC's Capital District Bureau Chief Jessica Bloustein has more.