Most Active Stories
- Scenic Rail Planned for Northern Berkshires, But Work Remains
- Prof. Nancy Prideaux, University of Texas Austin – Logistics of Black Friday
- Dr. Susan Fiske, Princeton University - Baseball and Schadenfreude
- Mayor-Elect, City Leaders Call For Verizon FIOS In Albany
- F-35 To Be Housed At Vermont Air Guard Base
WAMC New York News
Wed January 4, 2006
More HUD funding for New York's homeless
By Jessica Bloustein
Albany, NY – Programs and services for the homeless in New York's Capital Region will receive nearly $3 million this year through the federal Department of Housing and Urban Development's Continuum of Care program and Emergency Shelter Grants. While the state's overall allotment--$142 million--is a 2% increase from last year, homeless service providers say it is not enough to effectively fight chronic homelessness.
WAMC's Capital District Bureau Chief Jessica Bloustein has more.