Most Active Stories
- Cousin, 19, Charged With Murder Of 5-Year-Old After Kidnapping Hoax
- County Execs Propose Partial Funding Plan For The New NY Bridge
- Part Five Of Student Loan Series Focuses On Young Farmers
- Officials Inaugurate High Speed Rail Line In Western Mass.
- Part Two Of Student Loan Series Looks At Adult Learners
WAMC New York News
Wed January 4, 2006
More HUD funding for New York's homeless
By Jessica Bloustein
Albany, NY – Programs and services for the homeless in New York's Capital Region will receive nearly $3 million this year through the federal Department of Housing and Urban Development's Continuum of Care program and Emergency Shelter Grants. While the state's overall allotment--$142 million--is a 2% increase from last year, homeless service providers say it is not enough to effectively fight chronic homelessness.
WAMC's Capital District Bureau Chief Jessica Bloustein has more.