Most Active Stories
- Dr. Paul Booth, DePaul University – Cultural Meaning of Doctor Who
- Where Did That Fried Chicken Stereotype Come From?
- Dr. Frank Elgar, McGill University – Psychological Health and Family Meals
- NY AG Breaks Cigarette Trafficking Ring, Hints Terror Ties
- Dr. Claudia Buchmann, Ohio State University – Higher Education Gender Gap
Wed November 21, 2012
More Questions on Vermont State Hospital
It looks like the state of Vermont will not meet its goal of starting construction on a new psychiatric hospital in Berlin before the end of this month.
But acting Mental Health Commissioner Mary Moulton and local officials in Berlin say they think the project is still on track.
The town Development Review Board put off a decision on the project for at least two more weeks at a meeting Tuesday night.
Officials say questions remain about whether the state should contribute more toward redesigning an intersection and what trees and shrubs will be used on the grounds of the new hospital.
The facility is to help replace the Vermont State Hospital in Waterbury, which was closed by flooding from Tropical Storm Irene.
Copyright 2012 Associated Press. All Rights Reserved.