Most Active Stories
- Marlboro High School Students, Parents, Sue Coach, District
- Riverkeeper Raises Concern Over Fracking Waste As De-Icer For NY Roads
- Dr. Susan Fiske, Princeton University - Baseball and Schadenfreude
- Dr. David Hsu, University of Michigan – The Pain of Social Rejection
- NY: Vatican Survey & "Francis Effect"
WAMC New York News
Thu April 14, 2005
Mother of Convicted Drug Violator Says Sentence Compromise Is Double-Standard
By John Krol
Great Barrington, MA – A group of citizens in southern Berkshire County is calling on the district attorney to seek a lesser sentence for several young people accused of distributing drugs in a school zone. The D-A currently has a policy of seeking a mandatory two-year sentence for such an infraction. But, others say any compromise would be a double-standard, favoring the priviledged. WAMC's Berkshire Bureau Chief John Krol has the story.