Most Active Stories
- Scenic Rail Planned for Northern Berkshires, But Work Remains
- Prof. Nancy Prideaux, University of Texas Austin – Logistics of Black Friday
- Hinsdale Residents Call For Select Chair's Resignation
- Dr. Susan Fiske, Princeton University - Baseball and Schadenfreude
- Two NYS Legislators Look To Regulate E-Cigarettes
WAMC New York News
Fri November 18, 2005
Mother Speaks Out About Son's Attack
By Deborah Runcie
Kingston, NY – Rebekah Hedrick, the mother of the boy in Ulster County who underwent surgery for a broken eye-socket and cheekbone, after an altercation with a black classmate, is considered to be responsible for the white supremacist rally taking place outside of the Kingston High School this Saturday.
Hedrick spoke openly about what she considers to be racial tensions at the school with WAMC's Hudson Valley Bureau Chief Deborah Runcie...