Most Active Stories
- Dr. Russell Johnson, Michigan State University - The Harmful Effects of Smartphones
- The Great Debate - Single Payer or Private Insurance
- MA Health Connector Dwindles Backlog; Website Work Remains
- Dr. Russell Poldrack, University of Texas at Austin - Studying fluctuations of the brain
- A Whole Lotta Flash: Lesli Margherita In "Matilda: The Musical"
WAMC New York News
Fri November 18, 2005
Mother Speaks Out About Son's Attack
By Deborah Runcie
Kingston, NY – Rebekah Hedrick, the mother of the boy in Ulster County who underwent surgery for a broken eye-socket and cheekbone, after an altercation with a black classmate, is considered to be responsible for the white supremacist rally taking place outside of the Kingston High School this Saturday.
Hedrick spoke openly about what she considers to be racial tensions at the school with WAMC's Hudson Valley Bureau Chief Deborah Runcie...