Most Active Stories
- Saratoga County Sheriff's Sgt. Resigns, Charged With Misconduct After Video Goes Viral
- Scenic Rail Expected To Be Running In Northern Berkshires This Summer
- Donation Of Historic Amusement Park May Be Brought To Referendum
- Maloney: de Blasio "Should Have Head Examined" After Withholding Clinton Endorsement
- Threats Lead To Hamilton College Lockdown
WAMC New York News
Wed December 7, 2005
MTA Wants Additonal Funds for Ferry
By Deborah Runcie
Newburgh, NY – Two Hudson Valley counties are involved in a tug-of-war with a New York City agency. Dutchess and Orange Counties are not on board with the Metropolitan Transportation Authority's proposal that they pay $150,000 to operate the Newburgh-Beacon Ferry on the weekends.
WAMC's Hudson Valley Bureau Chief Deborah Runcie has more...